Attorney Jack Thaler
Attorney Jack Thaler is a member of the slnlaw business and labor and employment practice.
Jack has helped employees facing workplace discrimination reach favorable settlements. He has also represented small business owners in and out of litigation. This includes helping business owners defend employment law claims, seek recovery under contracts, and manage other non-litigation needs like applying for trademarks and reviewing contracts and policies.
Jack Thaler Background and Experience
Jack earned his law degree from Boston College Law School in 2017, and joined the slnlaw business, labor and employment law team in August 2017. While in law school, Jack worked as a Law Student Advocate for Veterans Legal Services in Boston where he assisted veterans with a variety of legal matters. Jack continued to volunteer on a weekly basis throughout law school at the New England Center for Homeless Veterans where he conducted intake interviews for Veterans Legal Services.
After spending his first summer with Veterans Legal Services, Jack interned in Northeastern University’s Office of the General Counsel. Before graduating, Jack took part in the Boston College Entrepreneurial and Innovation Clinic. In that program Jack provided advice to small businesses and startup companies about entity formation and Massachusetts corporate and employment law.
Jack has been an integral member of our team since November 2017. He has successfully handled business litigation and employment law disputes, unemployment appeals hearings, and provided counsel to employers regarding employment policies and employee classification.
Jack Thaler Educational Background
Jack earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science with a concentration in Law and Legal Policy from Northeastern University in 2013. Jack then went on to graduate from Boston College Law School in May 2017.
Matters Jack has handled at slnlaw include the following:
- Counseling to Small Business Owners. Jack has helped small business owners defend wage and hour claims. He has also provided counsel and advice on employment policies, business contracts, and other legal matters.
- Resolving Business Disputes. Jack has helped business owners enforce their contractual rights as well as their rights under Massachusetts unfair competition laws.
- Helping Business Owners Protect Their Brand. Jack has provided counseling about trademark protection for our clients, and successfully obtained federal trademark registrations.
- Enforcing Wage and Hour Laws. Jack has represented several clients were were not paid properly for overtime hours, owed commissions, or other wages.
- Enforcing Discrimination Laws. Jack has helped clients obtain compensation for employment actions based on race discrimination, gender discrimination, sexual orientation discrimination, and disability discrimination. He has also obtained settlements for individuals terminated in retaliation for reporting unlawful harassment.
- Unemployment Appeals. Jack has helped many of our clients appeal the denial of their unemployment benefits after termination and receive unemployment pay while they were between jobs.
Jack's Other Interests and Activities
Jack is a huge sports fan. He is an avid Patriots supporter and spends his Friday and Saturday nights during the fall and winter months watching college hockey and cheering on his beloved Northeastern Huskies. Jack is also an unabashed animal lover. While spending a majority of his time with his own dog, Remy, he works with Black Cat Rescue and the Animal Rescue League of Boston as a dedicated foster parent for both dogs and cats.